How to add vBoxxCloud as a storage shortcut in Microsoft Office?
You can add vBoxxCloud as a storage location in Microsoft Office, making it easy for you to open, edit, and save Microsoft Office supported file formats stored in vBoxxCloud. When you sign in to either a Microsoft account or a Microsoft Office 365 account, you can:
- Open and save local content stored in the vBoxxcloud, without navigating away from your local Microsoft application
- View a list of your recently opened vBoxxCloud content, allowing you to quickly access your most relevant content supported by the Microsoft application
- Adding this storage location will persist for all of your registered machines when you sign in using the same Microsoft or Microsoft Office 365 account
Note: This feature is fully supported by Microsoft for Microsoft Office version 2013. However, there are known issues with Microsoft Office version 2016 and higher. As a result of limited support by Microsoft for this integration, we are focused on further developing the vBoxxCloud to integrate directly with Microsoft Office 365 apps (where Microsoft is focusing their development and support efforts).
Adding the vBoxxCloud Folder as a Storage Location
Before you can begin using this feature, you must add the vBoxxCloud Folder as a storage location in your Microsoft Office local applications.
- Open a Microsoft Office application on your local machine and click the Open Other Documents link.
- In the backstage area, click Add a Place. A list of available storage locations will display on the right-hand side of the backstage area.
- Select vBoxxCloud from the list of available storage locations.
- You can now open files, edit files, and save new files to vBoxxCloud Folder directly from your Microsoft Office application.
Accessing the vBoxxCloud Folder Content from Other Instances of Microsoft Office Applications
If you have Microsoft Office installed on more than one computer, but you have not yet installed the agent on each machine, Microsoft Office will prompt you to install the agent.
- Open a Microsoft Office application on your local machine and click the Account link. The Account section of the backstage area displays, allowing you to manage your account information.
- If you have not already signed in to your Microsoft or Microsoft Office 365 account, click the Sign In button.
- Click Yes to confirm your selection. The vBoxxCloud Folder will be removed as a storage location.
- Click the Repair button. A browser window will open, prompting you to download and install the agent. When the agent is installed, you can access your vBoxxCloud Folder content from within your local Microsoft Office applications.
Removing the Agent's Synced Folder as a Storage Location
- Open a Microsoft Office application on your local machine and click the Account link. The Account section of the backstage area displays, prompting you to manage your user information.
- In the backstage area, find the storage location, and click the Remove link.
- Click Yes to confirm your selection. The agent's vBoxxCloud Folder will be removed as storage location.