vBoxxCloud v18.104.22.1686 – Outlook Plug-in Release
*Sync Client Version: 22.214.171.1244, Outlook Plug-in Version: 126.96.36.199
vBoxxCloud now supports direct collaboration via plug-in technology with Microsoft Outlook. This feature will allow vBoxxCloud users to share links to both files and folders that have been uploaded to their vBoxxCloud organization directly from within their emails in Outlook.
- Ability to share files and/or folders (both personal and from within Team Shares) directly from within Outlook when generating emails
- Flexibility to specify notification settings, download limits, and expiration dates on a default or per email basis
- Separate installer which can also be branded with the same icon and program name as the vBoxxCloud Sync Client
- Content shared via plug-in is also displayed in the user’s Shares section in the vBoxxCloud organization
- No standard limit to the number or size of attachment links
- Outlook 2010 and 2013 (both 32bit and 64bit) are currently supported for Windows. Support for Outlook 2007 is coming soon.
- This feature is not supported for Outlook on Mac operating systems.
- When composing emails, the recipient list must contain individual address entries rather than entire Distribution Groups (i.e. “Sales”). Support for Distribution Groups will be included in the next immediate release.
- When sharing a file or folder, the recipient list drop-down incorrectly displayed users of other organizations. This has been fixed.
- Fixed issue where sync would get stuck on a file with illegal characters.
- API improvements.
- Mac support for Thunderbolt.
- General bug fixes and usability enhancements.