vBoxxCloud version v3.5.0
Publication Date: 02/08/2023
The new version v3.5.0 of vBoxxCloud has been improved in terms of performance, scalability, security, and user experience.
SidebarHow to use the sidebar?
Avatar / Profile color
- Consistent color of the avatar icon, displayed on:
- Top right icon
- Share avatar icons in the sidebar
- Notification center
- It is now possible to add comments to any file or folder. These can be made via the sidebar for each user.
- Displayed in the sidebar
- Behavior on deletion:
- When someone deletes a comment, the owner can still see the comment and decide whether to permanently delete the comment or recreate it.
- It is now possible to add tags to each folder or file in the web interface. These can be created via the sidebar for each user.
Trial Period Countdown
- Now all new trial periods have an expiration countdown.
- Mark any file or folder as a favorite and receive notifications in the notification center in the web interface about new comments or tags.
- Receive notifications on your desktop and in the browser about changes to favorite files and folders.
- View events in the notification center and keep track of the comments other users place in your vBoxxCloud.
- Removed hardcoded exclusions for AutoCAD files.
- Added exclusions for AutoCAD files on the web for organizational standards and retrospective database updates.
- Disabled WebDAV access for all root folders in an organization when the WebDAV policy for the organization is disabled.
- Allowed administrators to manage shared links within their organizations.
- Automatically select text in the new folder name when creating a new folder.
- Improved reliability of the snapshot root operation.
- Enhanced performance and reliability of scheduled reports.
- Enhanced performance and reliability of daily summaries.
- Improved agent performance during initial metadata synchronization.
- Added more detailed logging for certain agent errors.
- Added support for the new Android 14 and iOS 17.
- Added support for smaller devices.
- Enhancements have been made to the overall flow and user experience.
- Loading times have been significantly reduced.
- Accuracy of the Android document scanner has been improved.
- More pop-up message notifications have been added.
- A lot of optimalizations and bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Delete button was not showing up in the sidebar.
- Fixed an issue where the sidebar wouldn't load for some team shares.
- Fixed an issue where people you shared a file with wouldn't display correctly in the sidebar.
- Fixed an issue where the sidebar was loaded for folders that did not yet exist (e.g., creating a new folder).
- The "?" character is now allowed in the input field for tags/comments.
- Agent fails to resume correctly after machine suspension.
- Agent doesn't interrupt upload upon pause in certain cases.
- Resolved an issue with the credentials screen in the agent GUI.
- Fixed the location of service log files to match agent branding on MacOS.
- Various issues with slow or stalled synchronizations.
- Server - Deleted root folders are not removed from storage.
- Server - 500 server error when deleting/renaming locked items by someone other than the lock owner.
- Sync Tool - Credentials screen GUI doesn't appear for network credentials warning message.
- Sync Tool - Deselected root folders are not removed from synchronized folders.
- Sync Tool - FSE assigned root folders fail in some cases during synchronization.
- Sync Tool - Folder cannot be moved in some cases.
- Sync Tool - ACLs of FSE assigned folders are not correctly cleared after agent logout.
- Sync Tool - Location is not available in the Quick Access bar with special characters in the name.
- Sync Tool - Warning icon overlay doesn't disappear when renaming a file/folder with a Viewer subscription.
- Sync Tool - Does not apply ACLs to the file system.
- Sync Tool - Cannot delete files with paths longer than 260 characters on Windows.
- Sync Tool - GUI crashes when stopping the service on MacOS.
Virtual Sync Tool
- Virtual Sync Tool - Content in team shares is not fully populated.
- Virtual Sync Tool - Collision occurs with untouched file.
- Virtual Sync Tool - Folder move event fails on Virtual Sync Tool v3.4.5.
- Virtual Sync Tool - Folders are getting timestamp from system clock.
- Virtual Sync Tool - No text 'Create a desktop shortcut?' in Thin Client installer.
- Virtual Sync Tool - PDF and AI files are displayed as corrupted.
- Virtual Sync Tool - Some files show a blue 'syncing' overlay when they are up-to-date.
- Virtual Sync Tool - Stuck synchronization and reparse errors while copying data from a root folder.
- Virtual Sync Tool - Synchronization stuck due to excluded extension in team share.
- Virtual Sync Tool - Folders not accessible with error 'The operation couldn't be completed. Retry the operation.'
- Virtual Sync Tool - GetRootMetadata times out until the service is restarted.
- Web - "Show deleted" is disabled while browsing through folders/pages.
- Web - 500 error when trying to view/download shared folder/file with guest account.
- Web - An administrator of a sub-organization can delete a subscription for a parent group of a child group.
- Web - After changing role from Editor to Previewer, user can see deleted files as "show deleted" was previously enabled.
- Web - Autotask: "Cannot connect to Autotask with the provided credentials."
- Web - Dialog box titles were incorrect: Clear Revisions and Permanently Delete.
- Web - "Modified" filter by date disables "show deleted".
- WebDAV - Error 'Cannot read from source file or disk' when renaming.
Contact your account manager or vBoxx support if you have any questions.